In New Orleans, we love red beans and rice. We love Mardi Gras parades. We love stoop sitting. And we love dem Saints. Here are ten fun “Do You Knows” to get you in the mood for the 2018-19 season. Remember, there’s no time like the present to figure out your game plan. Find your hotel room now.
- The first season the Saint’s played in the Superdome was 1975.
- The Saints first head coach was Tom Fears.
- The first player chosen by the Saints in the 1967 NFL draft was Les Kelley.
- The first head coach to bring the Saints to the playoffs was Jim Mora.
- The only Saints player to ever wear the number 8 was Archie Manning.
- The number on mascot Gumbo’s jersey is 00.
- Drew Brees’ parents named him after Drew Pearson, the Dallas Cowboy’s wide receiver.
- Saints owner Gayle Benson is the first woman to be the majority shareholder of the voting stock in both a NFL and NBA franchise.
- Nicholls State University professor Shana Walton, who led a research team hired by the NFL, said in 2010 that the “Who Dat” chant was being used in the early 1970s by majority-black schools in South Louisiana.
- Saints coach Bum Phillips once said, "There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired.”