It’s pool time almost any time of the year in the South! Cool down and chill out by some of our favorite pool places.
French Quarter Faves:
- Le Richelieu: Voted the “Best Quality Buy” by Travel and Leisure, you can’t go wrong with this charming, classic gem. The salt water pool solidifies its serene setting. It’s surrounded by a courtyard full of flourishing plants.
- Maison Dupuy & Carriage House at Maison Dupuy: Named one of the Top 200 Hotels in America, you’ll never be disappointed with the elegance and comfort offered by Maison Dupuy. Escape the hustle and bustle of life with one of the largest pools in the French Quarter.
- Hotel Provincial: This hotel is tucked away with rooms overlooking the Mississippi River, while others feature gorgeous views of their luxurious pool with beautifully manicured gardens.
- Hotel St. Helene: Located in the heart of the Quarter, just two blocks from Bourbon, this beautifully restored hotel features balcony suits overlooking the courtyard pool.
- Embassy: This unique hotel will leave you with an experience like no other—every room is a suit and they have an outdoor heated pool, whirlpool and sundeck. So head over and relax in luxury.
- French Quarter Landmark Hotel (Best Western): This treasure offers European style with American convenience. Enjoy a relaxing lounging by the pool with plenty of umbrellas—or take a dip! The water will feel amazing
Crowd Pleasers Blocks from the Vieux Carre (French Quarter)
- Melrose Mansion: This recently renovated Victorian mansion—just one street over from the French Quarter—is close enough to experience the sights and sounds and then catch up on some R&R in their private, peaceful pool.
- Frenchmen: Located in one of the hippest New Orleans’ neighborhoods, the bohemian Marigny, the hotel features exposed brick and decorative fireplaces with period piece furniture—creating a unique style of its own that wouldn’t be complete without a courtyard pool.
- Holiday Inn Superdome: The hotel is located right between uptown and downtown with an amazing view of the Superdome, and comes with one of our favorite perks: a rooftop pool.
- O’Keefe Plaza: The six story hotel is three blocks from the French Quarter and less than five from the Superdome and comes with a courtyard and swimming pool.
- Ramada: What’s not to love? The hotel underwent a makeover recently, complete with a saltwater pool. It’s centrally located 10 minutes from everything New Orleans: the French Quarter, the airport and Lakeview.
- Days Hotel: A hotel perfect for families—just a short drive to uptown or downtown New Orleans with a pool the whole family can enjoy!